Business as usual at Queenstown Airport after spring snow fall
12 Oct 2016
Queenstown Airport visitors experienced a winter wonderland when they arrived at the airport this morning Wednesday 12 October.
Snow fell to ground level throughout the district and areas surrounding the airport overnight. Airport staff cleared the runway of light slush by 7am and aside from one slight flight delay earlier today, flights continue as scheduled.
Queenstown Airport CEO Colin Keel said it was not unusual for Queenstown to see snow at this time of year.
“It pretty much can snow any month of the year here. It certainly would have been a wonderful surprise for our visitors waking up to this stunning winter wonderland. What a memorable view they’ll have flying out of Queenstown today,” he said.
Picture caption: Please credit Queenstown Airport
1/ Overnight snow fall made for a pretty picture flying from Queenstown today
- QAC Chief Executive announces resignation
- Queenstown Airport welcomes quarantine-free travel with Australia
- Queenstown Airport gearing up for the Easter long weekend
- Queenstown Airport welcomes COVID-19 vaccination rollout
- Queenstown Airport Corporation reports half-year results
View All News