Planned fire training exercise near Queenstown Airport
01 Oct 2019
A planned fire training exercise involving a controlled burn is scheduled to take place this evening (Tuesday 1 October) on land near Queenstown Airport with the Airport Rescue Fire team.
The exercise will take place at approximately 9pm tonight once the last flight has departed (due to depart for Melbourne at 20.35pm), so if people see smoke near the airport around that time there is no need for concern.
The farm land used for the controlled burn exercise is owned by Queenstown Airport Corporation and is located near the Countdown/Five Mile area off Grant Road. There are no anticipated disruptions to flights or airport operations. Of course if people have concerns about an uncontrolled fire not related to the exercise they are encouraged to call emergency services.
For more information please contact:
M: +64 27 839 6258
- Queenstown Airport welcomes flights back to the Southern Lakes region
- Domestic air travel allowed under Alert Level 2
- QAC to submit revised Statement of Intent in October 2020
- Queenstown Airport supporting essential services
- Queenstown Airport moving to COVID-19 Alert Level 4 operations
View All News