Planned fire training exercise near Queenstown Airport
01 Oct 2019
A planned fire training exercise involving a controlled burn is scheduled to take place this evening (Tuesday 1 October) on land near Queenstown Airport with the Airport Rescue Fire team.
The exercise will take place at approximately 9pm tonight once the last flight has departed (due to depart for Melbourne at 20.35pm), so if people see smoke near the airport around that time there is no need for concern.
The farm land used for the controlled burn exercise is owned by Queenstown Airport Corporation and is located near the Countdown/Five Mile area off Grant Road. There are no anticipated disruptions to flights or airport operations. Of course if people have concerns about an uncontrolled fire not related to the exercise they are encouraged to call emergency services.
For more information please contact:
M: +64 27 839 6258
- QAC achieves Living Wage Aotearoa accreditation
- Apron resurfacing project wins Sustainability Initiative of the Year Award at the New Zealand Airports Awards
- Lot 6 land to vest with Queenstown Airport Corporation
- Queenstown Airport parking changes and improvements are coming…here’s what you need to know
- Queenstown Airport brings parties together to promote safe drone use around the region
View All News